Are you an active senior looking for a rewarding opportunity that allows you to give back as well as supplement your income? Seniors Helping Seniors may be just what you’ve been looking for. We offer in-home senior care in Connecticut. We match seniors in need of help and care with seniors who are looking to help others with compassion and kindness, and we’re always on the lookout for new additions to our team. In 1998, we began with a simple idea: seniors can help each other age better, and further, that those who give and those who receive benefit equally from the experience. If that idea appeals to you, read on to find out more about what we do and getting involved.
What We Provide
- An experience and reliable resource for older adults who want to remain in the comfort of their own homes.
- A full-range of home care, home maintenance support services and companionship from seniors who enjoy providing help.
- Reasonable hourly rates for seniors seeking help and hourly wages for the seniors who provide that care.
The Perks of Becoming a Senior Helper
- Work as much or as little as you want: each and every one of our helpers works as many hours a week as he or she wants, no more. We’re always seeking loving, giving, caring and compassionate people to work with us, and fortunately, our model allows us to work with their schedules.
- Supplement your income: many seniors who work with us find us when they are looking for volunteer jobs, seeking an activity that they know will add meaning and bring joy to their lives. We’re proud to say that becoming a senior helper will do that, but it will also provide an hourly wage to help supplement your income.
- Experience isn’t necessary, only heart is required: many of our senior helpers are initially concerned that they may not have the experience necessary to work with us, but we’re interested in talking to you no matter your experience level. Whether you can provide a specific service or are just looking to offer companionship, we would love to hear from you. Many of our caregivers are recently retired or are on a reduced work schedule and have not done anything similar to this in their professional lives, and that’s okay. Our number one requirement is people who are full of compassion and heart.
If the above interests you, all that’s left to get started is to let us know you’re interested. To find out more about whether you can qualify to be a senior helper, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.